(03) 9873 2307Book Online
During a lifetime, 80% of the population will at some time experience back pain.
Common causes include:
- Heavy lifting
- Consistent bending and/or twisting
- Long periods of sitting
- Inflammatory such as spondylitis
- Muscular weakness
- Menstrual pain
- Musculoskeletal dysfunction.
More serious causes of back pain include:
- Spinal disc injury
- Tumour or metastases
Your Osteopathic team at Alliance are fully trained to discern between these types of back pain and advise you whether further referral to more specialist care is needed. Once an examination has been carried out, your Osteopath will work with you to determine the most appropriate course of treatment for you.
Osteopathic treatment can include:
- Soft tissue stretching and massage
- Joint mobilisation
- Joint manipulation
- Postural training through education and stretching advice
- Dietary advice
- Further referral for diagnostic assessment when required.
Our resident Exercise Physiologist and Pilates Instructor can work with you to aid in both the management and prevention of back and neck pain through the implementation of:
- Pilates based strength/stability programs for either one-on-one or small group
- Rehabilitation of pre-diagnosed injuries/conditions including stroke, Parkinson’s disease and Multiple sclerosis
- Management of chronic conditions including arthitic based pain